Happy New Years Eve Beauties!!! In less than 12 hours it will be 2018!!! Can you believe it?! This year has flown by! I decided to close out the year with a fun post. I’m new to blogging so why not do a “Get To Know Me Tag,” so that all my wonderful readers can get to know me. I’m going to share a little background about myself and then I’m going to indulge in 30 fun facts about me.
A Little About Me
My name is Ashley, and I’m a self-proclaimed beauty enthusiast and makeup hoarder. I’m also a freelance makeup artist. Like most women, my love for makeup began when I was a little girl and I used to watch my mother apply her makeup. I came from a very strict home so I wasn’t allowed to wear makeup until I was much older. I started Ash’s Beauty Corner because I’m infatuated with all things beauty and I have an appreciation for writing; so, it only made perfect sense to marry both passions and create a dope beauty blog where I can connect with other beauty lovers, share information and make new friends.
Get to Know Me Blog Tag – 30 Fun Facts About Me
- How old are you? I’m a young and vibrant 30 something (80’s baby).
- How long have you been doing makeup? I started doing my friends’ makeup in high school, however, I decided to take it serious about 9 years ago.
- Do you have a day job? ABSOLUTELY. I work in the field of Criminal Justice and I’ve been in my career for the past 9 1/2 years. My job is soooo not glamorous but I don’t let that hold me back. I’m always fly and professional.
- Did you go to college? Yes, I graduated with my bachelor’s degree at 21. I obtained my graduate degree when I was 22. Both, degrees are in Criminal Justice.
- Are you married? No.
- Do you have children? No, but I would love to have as many as I can when I get married.
- What is your favorite food? PIZZA!!! I literally eat pizza everyday! I truly push my metabolism to the max.
- Do you have any pets? No, and the crazy part is that I grew up with fish, dogs, cats and even had a turtle for a day but, as an adult I’ve never had a pet.
- Heels or Flats? Heels, duh? I’m a shorty so I wear no less than 5 inch heels almost everyday.
- What’s your Favorite Color? Gold! I’m addicted to all things gold!
- Are you afraid of the dark? Yes, and I still believe monsters live under my bed. No lie!
- Do you have any siblings? I am the oldest of three brothers. So not only am I the oldest, but I’m the only girl. It’s safe to say because of that I’m a bit obnoxious.
- Do you have a nickname? Besides Ash not really. My brothers used to call me “gums” oh, and “lips”too because I have big lips and gums.
- Do you have any hobbies? Does eating, shopping and sleeping count?
- What age did you start wearing makeup? In the ninth grade I used to sneak and wear either purple or brown lipstick to school. I was ahead of my time.
- What was your first high end makeup purchase? Like most brown girls, I purchased MAC “oh baby” lipgloss when I was 16 and 16 years later it’s still a main staple in my makeup bag.
- Do you have a favorite makeup brand? No, I purchase anything from beauty supply store brands to MAC, Urban Decay, YSL, etc.
- What is your favorite movie? My favorite movie of all time is “300.” It’s the only movie I’ve ever seen on opening day. I like to run around my apartment screaming “THIS IS SPARTA!!”
- How would you describe your personality? I would describe myself as an extrovert and introvert at the same damn time. I love being around people but I also love being alone just as much. I’m a bit of a comedian too. I love to laugh.
- How would your loved ones describe you? Given the opportunity, my friends and family would say I’m a crazy motormouth. I’m accused of talking too much daily. I never get tired of talking. NEVER!!!
- What’s the last compliment you got? Recently, a childhood friend told me that I’m bold and inspiring because I decided to follow my passion and start a blog. That was one of the best compliments I’ve ever received.
- What is your favorite drink? I cannot live without kool-aid.
- Something most people don’t know about you? I only watch tv once a week.
- First thing you notice about a person? The first thing I notice about a person is their teeth and hands.
- What is your biggest turn off? Self-centeredness.
- What is your biggest turn on? Good manners, thoughtfulness, chivalry, good sense of humor and big hands.
- What is your zodiac sign? Scorpio.
- What is your biggest fear? I’m so afraid of drowning.
- Who do you miss? My baby brother. He died almost 8 years ago in a car accident after his high school graduation.
- What is your favorite quote? “I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.” – Frederick Douglass
I hope you guys enjoyed my “Get to Know Me Tag.” If you have any other questions please ask me 😉